Tuesday, November 15, 2011

This past weekend Vola and Jason paid us a little visit.  They arrived late on Friday night, after Alice was asleep for the night, and they hit the ground running on Saturday morning.  A visit to the Denver Biscuit Company for humongous biscuit sandwiches gave us the necessary fuel to conquer the Alderfer/Three Sisters Trail hike in Evergreen. 

 


 

 

 

 

We toasted ourselves afterwards with some wine, Italian soda, and juice box at Creekside Cellars and nibbled on cheese and crackers.

 

A long afternoon nap for everyone primed the adults for dinner out, while Alice stayed home with a new sitter.  This is only the second time since our move that Matt and I have been out without Alice at night.  It's like a whole other city out there! And it all happens after 7pm.  We went through our whole evening routine and had Alice asleep before the sitter even got there.  Then we went to dinner and then had drinks.  I can't believe how many hours in the day there are that I haven't been utilizing.  You know, all those hours that start with 9, 10, and 11.  Unfortunately, the next morning found me utilizing all those hours that started with 6, 7, and 8, and then I remembered why I'm usually in bed by 10.  Anyhow, we had a lovely evening, and this sitter had better remember where we live, 'cause we're calling her back.  Maybe next time she'll even get to meet Alice.

 

After a stroll around our neighborhood and then some football watching for the guys and napping/movie watching for the girls, we squeezed in a quick trip to Washington Park before dinner and goodbyes.



We did some Jacobs family roughhousing (caught on film by Vola).



And, I captured a sequence of photos of my most favorite of all of Alice's expressions: the excited/bashful/giggly face with hands smashed on mouth and nose.  I dare you to watch her do it in person and not smile.




I hope Vola and Jason come back soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment