Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Sharing

Alice and Ellie are good friends. They like to do the same things, like sit in the sunshine and bite plastic stuff.


Oh, hey, Ellie! You were so kind to bring all your toys to the park today! My mom didn't bring anything for me to play with so I was just playing with the zipper on her shirt and then with her nose. It was super boring!

Actually, rather than just enjoy your toy together for a little while here in the park, I'd like to take your toy right now, christen it with my drool, and then keep it forever. I'm sure you won't mind.

Yes, that toy right there. The crab. The one you're holding. I'd like to have it. Right now.

Don't mind me one bit. I'll just go ahead and reach right around and take it off your hands.

What's going on here, Ellie?! I've gone through all the customary steps to attain possession of the crab.  I've reached for it, crawled toward it, and made squealing noises to indicate that I want it.  Why am I not holding the crab!?


I see I'll have to be a bit more direct about this.


Thank you so much for the lovely gift. I am much obliged. I do appreciate your generosity. Now, about that spiky yellow ball behind you...

No comments:

Post a Comment