Friday, September 30, 2011

Photo Shoot

Last week, I took Alice in for her first ever professional photo shoot at Bloom Portraits, right down the street from our house.  You should know that a lot of energy went into the making of these photos.  I spent the entirety of the 45 or so minutes of the session on my hands and knees, crawling all over the studio, popping up from behind prop couches, making crazy animal noises, and laughing like a maniac hoping it would catch on with Alice.  This was all while I was simultaneously trying to prevent her from walking off the edge of the chair she was standing on and also trying to be responsive to the photographer's directions: "Let's have another with her standing on the chair backwards now, Mom!"; "Get her back on the chair, Mom!"; "Now, spin the chair around, Mom!"; "Move that box of raisins out of the shot, Mom!"; "She's falling off the chair, Mom!" I think I missed my calling as a stage mom.

Anyways, here are my favorites from the shoot. I hate to spoil the surprise, but if your relationship to Alice has the word "grand" or "aunt" in it, you will soon be the proud owner of a print or two. I have a CD that I can print from too.

In other photo-related news, I expect a new and improved camera in the mail any day now, and I promise not to let Alice play with this one! Hopefully, I can return to posting as soon as it arrives.










 

 

1 comment:

  1. Such great pictures! I can't wait for my print or two :)

    Love, Aunt Vola

    ReplyDelete